Total Image Beauty Academy is an educational institution wholly owned by Total Image Beauty Academy Inc., and is dedicated to assisting individuals in obtaining a successful career in Cosmetology Arts & Sciences. Our teachers recognize the need for our graduates to be properly trained and prepared for the professional marketplace. Our instruction programs combine classroom theory along with tasks in all the standard areas of the trade.Read More
Total Image Beauty Academy has applied for and received Emergency Financial Aid Grants from the US Department of Education. Total Image Beauty Academy submitted a Certification and Agreement to the US Department of Education with the assurance that no less then 50% of the funds that were received will be used under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to our students. The student portion received was $89,081.00. All of the $89,081.00 funding received was distributed to all 169 eligible students who participated in our Title IV program under Section 484 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under Section 18004(a)(1). These eligible students received their grant in the form of a check made payable directly to their name. Total Image Beauty Academy estimates that 169 Title IV eligible students on record as being enrolled as of March 13, 2020 and all Title IV eligible students who enrolled on or before June 1, 2020 will be eligible to receive these Grants to assist because of the CoronaVirus Pandemic and its disruption of life and education. These funds are given to these estimated 169 eligible students for the direct assistance for the cost of attendance. This includes eligible expenses such as course material, technology, health care, child care, food and housing.Each student is estimated to receive $527.10
***Amount for each student was derived by dividing the total sum received by the eligible amount of students ensuring every student received the same amount. Each student will sign a receipt of the above mentioned check which outlines possible uses for the grant.
***Upon review of our records we found that 167 checks were issued not 169. This reduced the total HEERF disbursed to the students. What we decided to do was identify 2 students from the following class who had a disruption of education due to the Covid 19 shut down that were in financial need. These 2 students were issued checks in the same amount as the 167 mentioned above.
Total Image Beauty Academy Now Open
Our institution has implemented the following to provide a safe and clean space for our students and staff. First and foremost, our goal is to do our best to try and eliminate the known ways that the virus spreads to reduce the likelihood of infection. Our goal is to provide ideal space for each individual to work and be safe at our school.
- Our Director, Michael Hechme is the COVID-19 POC.
- Instructors must complete frequent COVID-19 test and deliver a negative test result before returning to class.
- Each class will be doing 2 days online and 3 days in school practice. We have also scheduled all our classes on alternating days to come in for in-school practice – only half the classes will be in on any given day. This will help reduce the amount of people in the school to best follow Social Distancing standards.
- Staff and Instructors will receive constant training that comes from the CDC and local and state Gov't.
- Our institution will provide to each student and staff member Face Shields, masks, and gloves. In order to be allowed into the school each individual, students and staff member must be wearing a mask. They can use the face shield once inside but the mask and or face shield must be worn at all times. No exceptions.
- We will have hand sanitizer stations upon entering the building and each floor landing.
- We will also have multiple hand sanitizer pump bottles for student use inside each classroom and clinic as well as at each staff member's desk.
- We have sufficient hand soap dispensers at every sink in the bathrooms and maintenance areas.
- The school internal maintenance crew will clean twice a day. Once in the morning before opening and again before evening classes start. Our personnel will have germ killing solutions and equipment for sanitizing all aspects of the school including all hand touch surfaces such as workstations, classrooms, desks, cabinets, tabletops, mirrors, chalkboards, floors, bathrooms, sinks, stairs, railings, doors, station chairs and shampoo bowls. We have provided for them bleach and detergents.
- Use of shared objects like color tubes, pens, supplies and equipment will be eliminated. Students will be given their supplies by the instructor in portions necessary.
- Our ventilation system will be maintained by changing the filters weekly. We have also placed industrial fans to bring in fresh air from outside. We are scheduled to install an Air Purification System inside our HVAC.
- High risk individuals such as students and staff over 55 years old and individuals with health situations will be advised and guided individually.
- Each instructor will dispense to her student's germ-killing hand wipes for each individual to sanitize their personal workstation and desk. The redundancy of sanitizing will help reduce the spread of any contagion. Students will be encouraged and reminded frequently of the importance of washing hands for 20 seconds, to avoid touching their face, and coughing or sneezing into their elbows.
- Signs will be posted in English and Spanish in all areas of the school with information such as this. Information for local testing centers will be posted. In class reminders will be exhaustedly repeated daily.
- In school and inside each class, students will be 6 feet away from each other performing at their individual station. There will be no free walking around. Students will need to call out when they need to move outside their workstation and with the instructors watching and classmate's knowledge. Desks will be faced away from facing each other.
- In the clinic area for our Seniors students the same holds true. Workstations will be separated 6 feet apart and students will be restricted from freely interacting. Our instructors will oversee this implantation.
- There will be plexiglass barriers between each shampoo bowl and pedicure bowl. Also, for our staff plexiglass barriers are placed on top of their desks.
- Floor marks will be placed on the floor in the office areas for students to distance each other.
- The lunch areas are closed for the foreseeable future. Students will be encouraged to eat their lunch outdoors.
- Upon entering the school each student will have their temperature checked by their instructor using a thermometer. Each student’s temp will be marked down next to their name on the attendance sheet.
- Same applies to staff which will be handled by the Director.
- Students and staff will be told to stay home if they feel sick.
- Our clinic will be closed for the foreseeable future. No services will be performed on the public and students will not be allowed to practice on each other. All practice and practical work will be performed on each individual students' mannequin.
- When the school is given the clearance to re-open the clinic to the public by the State Board, we will have sufficient oversight by our instructor staff.
We believe these measures will be helpful in minimizing the spread of the virus in our facility.