A Student Must Meet The State Minimum Age Requirement And Must Submit The Following:
- A copy of state or federal issued photo identification.
- Provide a copy of their High School diploma, or its equivalent. Total Image Beauty Academy does not accept ATB students at this time.
- For cosmetology, Skin Care Specialist, nails, students must be 17 years of age.
(Only teachers course, students must be 18 years old.)
- Foreign diplomas must be translated and evaluated from a recognized agency.
- Pay the required registration fee.
- Complete an enrollment package.
Complete an Application Form: Complete and submit the application form to the school prior to registration. All forms may be obtained by requesting them.
Submit an Application Fee: Action will not be taken on admission or on any student loan application until an application fee of $100.00 is received. Please submit the fee in the form of a check or money order, payable to Total Image Beauty Academy. This fee is not included in the cost of tuition.
Submit two photos: The photos should be a recent head and shoulders shot of the applicant.
Provide Verification Documents: Copies of your high school diploma, official high school transcripts or general equivalency certificate (GED), proof of birth and social security card or letter are required. We are required to verify that your proof of education comes from a valid high school or GED program. If we determine that your diploma or GED certificate is not valid, you will be denied admission to the school.
Teacher Training: Students who wish to enroll in the teacher training program must provide a copy of a current and valid New Jersey cosmetologist/hairstyling license, must be 18 years of age, have a minimum of six (6) months full time salon experience, and take 30 clock hours (3 credits) method of teaching program at the college level.
If you have a disability and need an academic adjustment, please notify the admissions officer as soon as possible so the school can review your request. If you are interested in attending our school and you do not have a high school diploma or GED certificate, please contact our admissions office for a list of GED programs located near the school.
A student may transfer to Total Image Beauty Academy by requesting to be admitted. Documents from the previous school and State if applicable must be presented. According to the New Jersey State Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling, anyone requesting to transfer to a school must present their former documents and arrange for an evaluation of their skills and knowledge prior to enrollment.
After a prospect has completed the enrollment application process, the enrollment team and director review each applicant and his or her required admissions materials.
State Licensing Disclaimer
The state may refuse to grant a license if a student has been convicted of a crime; committed any act involving dishonesty, fraud, or deceit; or committed any act that, if committed by a licentiate of the business or profession in question, would be grounds for the New Jersey Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling to deny licensure. The New Jersey Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling many deny licensure on the grounds that the applicant knowingly made a false statement of fact required to be revealed in the application for such license. Students who are not U.S. citizens or who do not have documented authority to work in the United States will not be eligible to apply to take the state licensure examination. Total Image Beauty Academy is not responsible for students denied licensure.
- Students can register at any time. Students accepted for enrollment begin classes on the first Monday of every month. A student’s graduation date is determined by the hours he/she attends in accordance with class schedule.
- Total Image Beauty Academy’s enrollment contract clearly outlines the obligation of both the school and the student.
- Total Image Beauty Academy offers a variety of monthly financial payment schedules.
Holiday and School Closures
- 1. New Year’s Day
- 2. President’s Day
- 3. Good Friday
- 4. Memorial Day
- 5. Independence Day
- 6. Labor Day
- 7. Thanksgiving Day And Day After
- 8. Christmas Week (Dec.24-Jan 1st)