Cosmetology & Hairstyling
Full-time day – Attend six (6) hours a day, five (5) days a week, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM, for a total of 30 hours a week.
Part-time day – Attend four (4) hours a day, five (5) days a week, Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM for a total of 20 hours per week.
Part-time night – Attend four (4) hours a day, four (4) days a week, Monday-Thursday, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM, for a total of 16 hours a week.
Full-time day – Attend four (4) hours a day, four (4) days a week.
Monday-Thursday, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, for a total of 16 hours per week.
Evening classes – Monday-Thursday, 6:00-10:00 PM, for a total of 16 hours per week.
Change of Schedule Policy
A student requesting and demonstrating a need for a change in schedule must do so in writing to the main office. Final approval is at the discretion of the school and student will be notified.
Total Image Beauty Academy strives to provide a quality educational foundation to prepare students to pass the State Board Examination and gain employment within their chosen field of study.
- To provide the student with hands-on experience
- To give students the foundation of knowledge needed to compete in their field of study
- To train and graduate students while empowering them to become confident and successful in the beauty industry.
Total Image Beauty Academy grants credit for hours from other schools. The State Board of Cosmetology & Hairstyling states that a school accepting a transfer student can test him/her to determine the actual number of credit hours to be given. The school will be informed by the State Board of Cosmetology & Hairstyling, the exact number of hours to be credited to the student.
Students Who Withdraw
Students who withdraw from the program are required to empty their locker and gather all personal items. Any items left behind by the student will be stored for 60 days, at which time the items become the property of Total Image Beauty Academy.
Students wishing to transfer to another institution must pay all monies owed to Total Image Beauty Academy and all applicable academic requirements must be met in order for the hours to be released.
Reentry Student Requirements
- Outstanding tuition, fee, and overtime expenses must be paid in advance or the student must make satisfactory arrangements with Financial Aid.
- Previous tuition payments will be credited to the student’s balance.
- Because tuition fees and costs are subject to change, reentering students will be contracted according to the current tuition costs and will be required to pay any additional fees if applicable.
- Pay a $100.00 reentry fee if enrolling after six (6) months. Prior to six (6) months reentry, no enrollment fee is required.
- Readmission is reserved to the sole discretion of Total Image Beauty Academy and may require special conditions.
Readmission for a student requires a personal interview with school administration. The reentering student will be placed on a 30-day evaluation period. During the 30-day evaluation period, the student must demonstrate for that period that they can meet the school’s minimum attendance and academic requirements for Satisfactory Academic Progress. The student will then be evaluated for Satisfactory Academic Progress at the next scheduled evaluation period to determine their new status. Students who fail to meet the minimum attendance and academic requirements for that 30-day evaluation period may be terminated. Students who re-enter the program are placed in the same Satisfactory Academic Progress standing as when they left. If a reenrolling student has previously used all of their excused absences provided under their original contract, the student will not receive any additional time for excused absences under the new reenrollment contract. In addition, a student may be responsible for any previous overtime charges that had previously accrued, but not yet assessed.
Reentry Student Procedures
Students wishing to re-enroll must have their file history evaluated. If the student is determined to restart, the student file goes to the financial aid director to ensure the student is current on all tuition costs.
If a student re-enrolls prior to 6 months from the last date of attendance, the $100.00 enrollment fee will be waived. If a student re-enrolls after 6 months from the last date of attendance, the student will be required to pay $100.00 enrollment fee.
***Cosmetology and Manicure classes are available in English and Spanish***